Position: Senior Software Engineer
Education: Technical degree preferred
Experience: 7+ years in software development; 5+ years with C#, Microsoft .NET, and Microsoft SQL Server
Location: USA, Flexible
Vitech is seeking an experienced and motivated Senior Software Engineer to expand our product development team. This position offers the opportunity to develop high-end commercial engineering software products in a fast-paced, no-nonsense environment using modern tools and approaches. Our team of software and quality assurance engineers work collaboratively—with inputs from customers and our own industry experts—to produce high-quality product releases in an agile process, continually delivering new capabilities to the market and empowering our customers to develop better solutions to their systems challenges across a wide range of industries.
Working at Vitech affords all team members the opportunity to contribute across the company – product definition, methodology, marketing, customer experience, and beyond. This is an opportunity to escape bureaucratic environments and mundane software projects to make a real difference in an organization delivering mission critical tools that help change our world.
Robust collaboration with other software engineers and product experts at our headquarters in Blacksburg, Virginia, is critical to success in this role. This position may involve access to information that is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), and preference will be given to U.S. citizens, Green Card holders, and or other U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR.
To thrive at Vitech, a Senior Software Engineer must:
- Engage with product stakeholders and development teammates through requirements definition, design, implementation, and test on small to large projects
- Work within an agile development environment leveraging methods such as test-driven development and Scrum
- Develop estimates for work products
- Comprehend, leverage, and improve upon existing software systems
- Design and implement software using Microsoft Visual Studio, .NET, and C#
- Promote use of common software patterns and best practices
- Mentor less experienced team members throughout the software lifecycle via code inspections and other peer reviews
- Embrace the plan-do-check-act cycle, recommending process and methodology improvements as part of a learning organization
- Maintain a willing and flexible attitude, assuming duties as needed to contribute to team success
- Be a self-starter with the ability to multi-task and communicate technical issues efficiently
The successful Senior Software Engineer candidate will have:
- At least seven years of practical software development experience leveraging object-oriented techniques and fundamental software patterns and best practices
- At least five years of C#, Microsoft .NET, and Microsoft SQL Server experience
- Experience with cloud technologies such as Microsoft Azure and AWS
- Familiarity with service-oriented architectures, microservices, and REST
- Solid understanding of relational database design and transactional systems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and work ethic
- Ability and desire to work collaboratively as part of a greater development team and larger organization to deliver needed capabilities to our clients
- A passion for bringing quality products to market!
The following qualifications are not required but would position you for even greater success at Vitech:
- A technical degree from an accredited college (computer science, engineering, or similar)
- Prior experience with agile processes, test-driven development, and the Scrum methodology
- Knowledge of .NET 4 – .NET 6, VB.NET, WPF, and ASP.NET
- Knowledge of Microsoft DevOps/TFS, MSBuild, and Jira
- Knowledge of DevExpress software components
- Knowledge of yFiles diagramming components
Vitech offers equal employment opportunity to all applicants for employment and all employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by applicable law.